Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 14 March 2013 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chair), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Andrew Payne and Alexia Lewis (Clerk). No members of the public attended.

 

1.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest: Apologies were received from Tim Hallchurch. There were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

2.

 

 

3.

 

4.

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

 

4.2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.3

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.4

 

 

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting: on 14 February2013 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

Public Participation:  No members of the public attended.

 

Matters Arising:

 

Website: Adrian Hampshire had demonstrated Beckley’s new website at the last meeting and it was agreed to use this model for Horton cum Studley’s new website. All village groups would be invited to have their own page on the site and a review would be undertaken after the first six months of operation. Clerk to request if Adrian would demonstrate the website at the AGM.

 

The Lodge Residential Lets:  Laura Baker, Planning Investigator from CDC advised that she was aware of the accommodation at the Lodge and further discussions were taking place with regards to the use of the residential lets and further applications on the site with the owner.

 

Tim Hallchurch sent a report that a meeting was held between the Director and Head of Planning, CDC and the applicants from The Lodge. Discussions were held about previous consents and whether they were live and about the Council’s attitude to other forms of development. CDC is awaiting a further submission.

 

The Red Bungalow: Laura Baker reported that the approved plans (by appeal 15.2.05) for the Red Bungalow did not indicate demolition of the existing dwelling. Having taken advice from the Legal Department, it was concluded that CDC cannot request that the bungalow is demolished since nothing was contained within the planning permission stating this.

 

The Parish Council agreed to ask for a second opinion from the Legal Department.

 

Smart Water: Barbara Jewell reported on the latest, highly effective way to deter criminal theft. Smart water is painted on items, such as the lead on church roofs, and if stolen, the smart water would be detectable on hands for 5 years. It was agreed to request a demonstration at the AGM in May.

 

 

5.

 

5.1

 

 

 

 

 

5.2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.3

 

5.4

 

5.5

 

 

Councillors’ Reports

 

District and County Councillor: Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies. He sent the following report. The County Council elections would be on 2 May 2013 and he had been selected to stand for the new Otmoor Division.

After 1 April 2013 he would have £10K to spend on local projects. £1.09 million is available for the County to be used at Councillors’ discretion on highway maintenance.

 

Police, Parish Plan and Youth Group: Barbara Jewell circulated the NAG notes for March; copies of which would be posted on the notice boards. The next Youth Group disco would be on Friday 15 February 2013. Police have had further cut backs and our area now only has two PCSOs. It was agreed to request a visit to the village using the number plate recognition device which can be used for logging speeding vehicles too. Barbara Jewell had organised a list of volunteers to distribute and collect the Parish Plan questionnaires. Prior to distribution, she would set up a meeting, in conjunction with ORCC, to explain the process with the objective of achieving a 100% submission rate.

 

Almshouses: Andrew Payne reported that all the almshouses are now occupied.

 

Church: Andrew Payne advised that there was nothing to report.

 

Millennium Hall Committee: Sarah Foxcroft reported that tennis courts had been resurfaced. Work for the table tennis table on going cannot commence until drier conditions allow for the ground works to be done.

 

 

6.

 

Finance: It was agreed to pay the following invoices: Clerk’s salary Oct-March 2013 £970.20;

 Bex Hopkins £65 Youth Group film; Ady Podbery slit tine spiking of the playing field £90; R&R Hawes £105 grass cutting. It was agreed to request a credit against part of the invoice for CDC to empty the dog bins as they had not been emptied regularly over the winter.

 

 

7.

 

7.1

 

 

7.2

 

 

 

8.

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting:

 

The Parish Council agreed the quote for Ady Podbery for grass cutting with an increase of £3.25 per cut this year.

 

It was reported that the standing water at the bottom of Horton Hill footpath had frozen during the recent cold spell and was extremely dangerous for pedestrians. DP would report to Oxfordshire Highways again.

 

Newsletters:

 

An advertisement had gone into the March newsletter requesting volunteers for the positions of editor and distributor.

 

The nest issue is planned for publication in July 2013.

 

 

9.

 

 

9.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

9.

 

9.1

 

 

10.

 

 

Planning: the following planning application was reviewed and comments were agreed as follows:

 

13/00225/F The Old Nursery single storey side extension.

 

The Parish Council had no objections and requested that the applicant ensures consideration of builders parking, delivery lorries and general care of the environment e.g. ensuring the verges are left intact, is maintained during the construction of the development.

 

 

Correspondence:

 

It was agreed to hold the annual village Spring Clean 2013 during the weekend 20-21 April. All parishioners are encouraged to collect a litter pick and bag and collect one bag of rubbish.

 

Future Agenda Items:

 

The Lodge

AGM speakers

Councillors’ Roles

 

 

11.

Next Meeting: The next meeting would be on Thursday 11 April 2013 at 7.30pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 14 February 2013 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chair), Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell and Alexia Lewis (Clerk). 1 member of the public attended.

 

1.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest: Apologies were received from Colin Badger, Andrew Payne and Tim Hallchurch. There were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

2.

 

3.

 

 

 

4.

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

4.2

 

 

4.3

 

 

 

4.4

 

 

4.5

Minutes of the Last Meeting: on 10 January 2012 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

Public Participation:  The Parish Plan Questionnaire was finalised. It was agreed to ask 18 people to deliver and collect questionnaires to 10 houses each to ensure every household participates in the survey. 

 

Matters Arising:

 

Website: Adrian Hampshire had demonstrated Beckley’s new website. It was agreed to use this model for Horton cum Studley’s new website. Initial expenditure of approximately £300-400 was approved in principle. All village groups would be invited to have their own page on the site.

 

The Lodge Residential Lets and The Red Bungalow: It was agreed to report again the alleged breach of planning on both properties.

 

CDC had confirmed that dog bins should be emptied once a week. It was agreed to monitor the collections and request a reduction to the next invoice since the bins had not been emptied regularly during recent weeks.

 

Oxfordshire Highways had confirmed that they would repair the large pothole outside Forge Close and the drainage grips in Church Lane and Ragnall’s Lane within one month.

 

The Parish Council had received £1K funding for the table tennis table proposal from The Big Society.

 

 

5.

 

5.1

 

5.2

 

 

 

5.3

 

5.4

 

5.5

 

 

Councillors’ Reports

 

District and County Councillor: Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies.

 

Police, Parish Plan and Youth Group: Barbara Jewell circulated the NAG notes for January and February; copies of which would be posted on the noticeboards. The next Youth Group disco would be on Friday 15 February 2013.

 

Almshouses: Colin Badger sent his apologies.

 

Church: Andrew Payne sent his apologies.

 

Millennium Hall Committee: Sarah Foxcroft reported that the next meeting would be on Thursday 21 February 2013.

 

6.

 

Finance: It was agreed to pay the following invoice: Millennium Hall rent for 2012-13 £192.

 

It was agreed to enlist the services of a payroll accountant to run the PAYE at a cost of £40.50 p.a. It was also agreed to keep the precept at £6,000.

 

 

7.

 

 

 

 

8.

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting: Notification had been received from Oxfordshire Highways that Woodperry Hill road repairs would start on 4 March for 3 weeks. A road diversion would be put in place via the B4027, Pound Lane, Mill Street to Corner Farm, Oakley Road.

 

Newsletters:

 

Both the editor and the distributor of the newsletters had tendered their resignation. The Chairman thanked both of them for their support and commitment to the much valued village newsletter.

 

It was agreed to advertise both positions as one year assignments to encourage more parishioners to take up these posts without being too onerous.

 

 

9.

 

 

9.1

 

 

 

 

9.

 

9.1

 

 

9.2

 

 

10.

 

 

Planning: the following planning application was reviewed and comments were agreed as follows:

 

13/00011/F Upper Green Erection of single storey framed orangery – amendment to 12/01202/F. The Parish Council had no objections and requested that the applicant ensures consideration of builders parking, delivery lorries and general care of the environment, is maintained during the construction of the development.

 

Correspondence:

 

OGBN: Permitted Development Rights. It was agreed to support an exemption for the Green Belt.

 

Wadley Hill Farm (proposed solar park). It was reported that this application had already been rejected.

 

Future Agenda Items: Smart water

 

 

11.

Next Meeting: The next meeting would be on Thursday March 14 2013 at 7.30pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 10 January 2013 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chair), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Andrew Payne and Alexia Lewis (Clerk). 2 members of the public attended.

 

1.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest: Apologies were received from Tim Hallchurch. There were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

2.

 

 

3.

 

 

3.1

 

3.2

 

 

 

 

3.3

 

 

 

 

 

4.

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

4.2

Minutes of the Last Meeting: on 13 December 2012 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

Public Participation:  It was reported that the dog bins do not seem to be emptied on a regular basis and were sometimes over flowing. AL to report this to CDC.

 

A large pot hole was reported outside Forge Close. DP to report to Oxfordshire Highways.

 

A question was raised as to who was responsible for maintaining the cut out of verges to allow rain water on the roads to drain into the ditches. The cut outs along the verges in Church Lane and Ragnall’s Lane had not been attended to for some time. AL to follow up with Oxfordshire Highways.

 

The table tennis table proposal was discussed. The cost estimate of £6K had been submitted to The Big Society. This comprised of the table itself at £2.5K plus £500 in fitting costs and approximately £3K for ground works. The Big Society had confirmed funding of £1K, the Parish Council had agreed to donate £2K and there was about £800 raised at various village events. It was hoped that a further £2K would be donated by the Millennium Hall Committee.

 

Matters Arising:

 

The Lodge: It was reported that Tim Hallchurch and John Attley had approached Andrew Payne and David Prosser to arrange a special meeting with just the four of them to discuss The Lodge. Both Councillors had declined, as they felt it was inappropriate to discuss this matter in a restricted forum.

 

Website: It was agreed to invite the web designer of Beckley village website to present options available for a new village website. It was also agreed to invite representatives from other village groups to this presentation in case they wish to have a page on the new website.

 

 

5.

 

5.1

 

5.2

 

 

 

5.3

 

 

5.4

 

5.5

Councillors’ Reports

 

District and County Councillor: Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies.

 

Police, Parish Plan and Youth Group: Barbara Jewell reported that the questionnaire for the Parish Plan should be ready for circulation soon. BJ will complete the paperwork for the Youth Group to join the OAYP which the Parish Council had agreed to pay for.

 

Almshouses: Renovations to No. 1 were complete and the new resident would move in shortly.

 

Church: Andrew Payne reported that the church was running smoothly.

 

Millennium Hall Committee: See item 3.3. Sarah Foxcroft reported that the MHC would break even this financial year.

 

 

6.

 

Finance: It was agreed to pay the following invoices: Clerk’s expenses £60-98 (gifts for the newsletter editor and designer and printer paper).

 

 

7.

 

8.

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting: See items 3.1 and 3.2.

 

Newsletters

 

It was agreed to encourage residents to report road and footpath complaints directly to Oxfordshire Highways as it was hoped that the more complaints received from individual residents, the greater the priority Oxfordshire Highways would accord the problem.    

 

 

9.

 

9.1

 

 

 

 

 

10.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11.

 

 

Planning: the following planning notice was received and noted:

 

12/01583/F 7 Priory Close Ground floor single storey extension. Granted.  The Parish Council was pleased to note that CDC had added the Parish Council’s request to the planning notes that the applicant was advised to ensure that consideration of builders parking, delivery lorries and general care of the environment e.g. ensuring the verges are left intact, is maintained during the construction of the development.

 

Correspondence: It was agreed to write to John Attley to advise him of the Council’s decision to reinstate the covenant ‘lifted’ in August 2007 to facilitate the expansion of the Otmoor Lodge, which included a shop and Post Office and the erection of three new houses. The planning approval that was subsequently granted for this development has now expired without any building having taken place.

 

As there are no extant planning approvals concerning this parcel of land and future developments are uncertain, the Parish Council has decided to reinstate the covenant.

The ‘reinstatement’ of the covenant is an important safeguard on the use to which this site might be put in the future.

 

The Parish Council agreed this at its meeting on 13 December 2012 and it is unanimous in its view.

 

Future Agenda Items:  Website demonstration at the next meeting from 7.30-8.00pm.

 

 

12.

Next Meeting: The next meeting would be on Thursday 14 February 2013 at 7.30pm. The AGM would be on Thursday 9 May 2013.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 14 October 2010 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Sarah Foxcroft, Tim Hallchurch, Barbara Jewell and Andrew Payne.

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation: One member of the public attended.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest: Colin Badger sent his apologies and there were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

3.

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters Arising: 9 September 2010 were agreed and signed as a correct record

 

 

 

 

4.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

4.1

District Councillor: Tim Hallchurch reported that the Chief Executive of Cherwell District Council, Mary Harpley, had left to relocate to London. Discussions are ongoing to combine resources with South-Northants District Council.

 

Tim also reported that Oxfordshire County Council is facing serious budget issues. All capital projects have been put on hold and are slowly being released on an as needed basis. The budget allocation from the Government will be known next week.

 

 

 

 

4.2

Police:  Barbara Jewell has tried to attend the Tuesday surgeries on two occasions however it seems that the surgeries have been discontinued.

 

 

 

 

4.3

Almshouses:  There was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

4.4

Church: There was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

4.5

Millennium Hall Committee: Sarah Foxcroft reported that three new heaters have been installed. If these prove to be efficient, these models will be used to replace the old heaters as they break down.

 

 

 

 

5.

Finance: It was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

  • BDO LLP External Audit £141.00
  • Ady Podbery Grass Cutting August 2010 £93.41& September 2010 £186.82
  • CDC Dog Bins Summer 2010 £341.43
  • Jill Meyjes Transport Scheme Shortfall £25.40

 

 

5.1

 

The balance of the deposit account was noted £10,418.18Cr as at 9.10.10.

 

 

6.

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting: there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

7.

Parish Newsletters: it was agreed to find someone to cover for the current editor from November to February 2011. Jill Meyjes has drafted an article on thermal imaging for submission to both the Four Parishes magazine and the Village Magazine. It was agreed that Barbara Jewell will write the article for the Parish Council for the next issue.

 

 

 

 

8.

Planning: The following planning application was discussed and the response was agreed:

 

 

 

 

8.1

 

 

 

 

8.2

 

 

07/02478/F The Lodge: amending existing planning conditions.

 

It was agreed to object to this application on the grounds of over development and loss of visual amenity. 

 

The following planning notices were noted:  

 

10/01021/F The Lodge: to permit the project to be constructed in two phases. Granted. Tim Hallchurch reported that a condition of the planning was that the shop was to be constructed in the first phase.

 

 

9.

 

9.1

 

 

 

9.2

 

 

 

 

9.3

Correspondence:  

 

Fencott and Murcott PC: Invitation to attend their Annual Parish Meeting 19.10.10.  It was agreed that Barbara Jewell and David Prosser would attend on behalf of the Parish Council.

 

OCC Review of Subsidised Bus Service: Consultation. There is a review of bus services looming and if parishioners don’t use the service we are likely to lose it.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments to make about the bus service, please contact the Parish Transport Representative, Jill Meyjes on 351496.

 

BDO LLP: Conclusion of Audit for 2009-10. The External Auditors had one item to note for next year’s audit which was for the Parish Council to update its fixed assets. It was agreed that Andrew Payne would contact BDO to request clarification.

 

 

10.

Future Agenda Items:  n/a

 

 

 

 

11.

Next Meeting: The next meeting will be on Thursday 11 November 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 9 September 2010 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Tim Hallchurch and Andrew Payne.

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation: no members of the public attended.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest: Barbara Jewell sent her apologies and there were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

3.

 

 

4.

Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters Arising: 8 July and 12 August 2010 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

Update on the Lodge: Tim Hallchurch reported that the application to phase the accommodation and houses will go to the Planning Committee in October. As our Parish Representative, the Parish Council requested that Tim report the Parish Council’s strong objection to the latest application.

 

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor: Tim Hallchurch reported on the budget cutting process both at the County Council and District Council. Representatives from CDC and South Northamptonshire DC will meet to discuss the possibility of sharing resources.

 

Other cuts include the reduction in the number of Officers at both CDC and OCC.

 

It was reported that by 2014 the Primary Care Trust will be dissolved and 250 Administrators jobs will be cut.

 

OCC had a £6m reduction in funding for roads last year. A further cut in funding is expected this year so work such as speed limits and weight limits will be postponed. OCC has changed contractors and has reduced the cost of repairing potholes from £75 to £25 per hole.

 

OCC has introduced Area Stewards and Paul Wilson is the Steward for this parish. 

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police: Barbara Jewell sent her apologies.

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses: The road surface outside the almshouses gateway has been repaired.

 

 

 

 

5.4

Church: There was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.5

Millennium Hall Committee: There was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

6.

Finance: It was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

 

6.1

 

 

 

 

6.2

 

 

  • Clerk’s salary and expenses July to September 2010 £530.11
  • Zurich Insurance £352.11
  • Parchments Newsletter £172.99
  • CDC Elections £57.20

 

The balance of the current account as at 27.7.10 £9860.42 and deposit account as at 9.6.10 £10416.87.

 

 

7.

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting: it was agreed to cut the verges one last time due to recent grass growth.

 

 

 

 

8.

Parish Newsletters: it was agreed to put an article in the next village newsletter to warn parishioners of the impending review of bus services and to remind them that if we don’t use the service we are likely to lose it. 

 

 

 

 

9.

Planning: The following planning notices were noted:  

 

 

 

 

9.1

 

 

9.2

 

9.3

 

9.4

 

9.5

The Old Vicarage: change of use of property from 3 apartments back to single family dwelling. Granted.

 

Greensleeves: demolition of single storey extension, carport and garage. Refused.

 

Horton Farm: use of leisure facilities in the barn for private family use. Granted.

 

Moors Farm: hay barn. Does not require formal prior approval.

 

Land adjacent to Hill Foot Cottage: Erection of 3 bedroom cottage, access and parking spaces. Granted.

 

 

10.

 

10.1

 

 

10.2

 

 

 

 

 

10.3

Correspondence:  

 

CDC: invitation to thermal imaging forum 4.10.10. It was agreed to invite Jill Meyes to this forum on behalf of the Parish Council.

 

OCC: review of subsidised bus services. It was agreed to put an article in the next village newsletter to warn parishioners of the impending review of bus services and to remind them that if we don’t use the service we are likely to lose it.  Jill Meyjes will continue to attend the consultation meetings on behalf of the Parish Council. The Chairman thanked Jill for her continued work on this important village service.

 

CDC: parish website. Sarah Foxcroft will continue to monitor the transfer of data to the proposed new website. Agenda and minutes of the Parish Council meetings are uploaded monthly.

 

 

11.

Future Agenda Items:  n/a

 

 

 

 

12.

Next Meeting: The next meeting will be on Thursday 14 October 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 12 August 2010 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Andrew Payne and Alexia Lewis (Clerk).

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation: 14 members of the public attended.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest: Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies and there were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

3.

 

 

 

 

 

Planning: 10/01021/F The Lodge. Variation of condition 7 of 07/02478/F to permit the project to be constructed in two phases.

 

The Chairman outlined the current planning permission and asked for parishioners’ comments concerning the proposed variation. The following is a summary of the relevant comments:

 

It was reported that the licence notice to sell alcohol in no longer above the front door of the pub and there is a typed notice stating ’bar open to residents only’. Clerk to contact Cherwell Licensing to check whether the pub has lost its licence.

 

The original planning approval was granted to allow the Lodge to become viable so that the facility of a public house, a shop and a Post Office would be retained in the village. With the passage of time and the numerous variations submitted the original rationale is no longer valid. 

 

The proposal to stagger the building works with no binding timeframe would be intolerable to local residents. Moreover, it would be unacceptable to allow the location to remain a building site for an indeterminate period of time due to the number of children walking and cycling through the area on their way to the adjacent play area.

 

There is a statement in the paperwork accompanying the application that claims that the residents of the Green have been consulted over the phased planning proposal which is untrue. 

 

It was proposed that external legal advice be sought concerning the validity of the original criteria for granting planning approval and the status of the current 106 agreement.

 

It was agreed to object to the latest planning application and to request additional time to respond, while the Parish Council takes legal advice from a planning lawyer.

 

Due to the lack of a social focal point in the village, it was proposed to trial a coffee morning once a month on a Saturday morning in the Millennium Hall.

 

It was also noted that the Social Committee is trying to rekindle social village events.

 

Barbara Jewell is organising a steering committee to start work on the Parish Plan and consultation events could link in with social events in the village.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.

Next Meeting: The next meeting will be on Thursday 9 September 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Meeting of the Parish Council

To be held on Thursday 8 July 2010 at 7.30pm

In the Millennium Hall

 

Agenda

 

Number

Item

Lead

 

1.

Apologies and Declarations of Interest AP and TH

 

D Prosser

2.

 

 

Public Participation – members of the public are welcome to attend the meeting with any issues they wish to discuss. This is the only time members of the public are permitted to participate in the meeting.

 

D Prosser

3.

Minutes of the last meeting 11 June 2010: To agree the minutes from the last meeting.

 

BJ reported that the way the PC is run will change. Govt devolving money and direction more to PCs, possibly within the next 2 years.

 

D Prosser

4.

Matters Arising: Items for Discussion arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. Review of Church donation £150
  2. Discuss request for funding from the Holford Centre, Stanton St John Deferred until next meeting
  3. Annual Parish Plan Update BJ will form a steering committee. Notice in the 4 Parishes and village newsletter.
  4. VAS Training Speedwatch BJ will investigate the speedwatch scheme. Take speeds/number plates, police send warning letter and if caught again will get fined.
  5. Website: how to migrate from old to new.  Waiting to response from CDC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

B Jewell

B Jewell

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

  • District Councillor TH sent apols.
  • Police BJ waiting for details of next meeting.
  • Almshouses lose tarmac in front of the path to Almshouses. In hand.
  • Church

 

 

T Hallchurch

B Jewell

C Badger

A Payne

 

  • Millennium Hall Committee Tennis club agreed to look at a mid season discount to attract more members this year.

S Foxcroft

 

 

 

6.

 

 

 

6.1

 

Finance – to agree to pay the following invoices:

 

  •  Clerk’s salary April to June 2010 £485.10

Bottle for AP.

To note the balance of the current account £11,030.00

A Lewis

7.

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting

ALL

 

 

 

8.

Parish Newsletters  due within next 2 weeks.

ALL

 

 

 

9.

 

 

 

Planning Notices: to discuss and agree a response to the following planning application:

 

10/00851/CLUE Horton Farm for existing barns in domestic use. No obj. Use for residents only. Not to be used for commercial use.

 

The Rectory. No obs.

 

Bennett Jones.

Object.

Don’t want to set a precedent to build houses in gardens.

Inappropriate development in the front garden.

Over development of the site.

 

 

 

 

9.1

To note the following decision notices:

n/a.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10.

 

 

 

11

Correspondence:

 

n/a. Fly tipping in Menmarsh Road becoming increasing problem.

 

Future Agenda Items: to agree agenda items for the next meeting.

ALL

 

 

 

12.

Date of Next Meeting: Thursday 12 August 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.

 

 

 

 

Signed: _________________________________________   Date: _____________________

 

 

 

 

Correspondence for Circulation – July 2010

 

 

 

1.     OALC Update June 2010

 

 

2.    OALC Annual Report 2009-10

  1. CDC Planning Futures Newsletter
  2. CDC Parish Liaison Meeting feedback and new dates
  3. Clerks and Councils Direct
  4. CDC Planning Process (copies for DP and CB)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting

Held on Thursday 10 June 2010 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Andrew Payne and Alexia Lewis (Clerk). 

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation: no members of the public attended.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest: Colin Badger and Tim Hallchurch sent their apologies and there were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting: 13 May 2010 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

Annual Parish Plan: Following some positive feedback from the Annual Parish Meeting to the ORCC’s presentation on Parish Plans, it was agreed that Barbara Jewell will take the project forward, starting with the formation of a steering group.  BJ to report progress at monthly meetings.

 

 

 

 

 

5.

 

 

 

 

 

Overview of Finances: Andrew Payne gave an overview of the Parish Council’s accounts for the year ending 31 March 2010. In summary, the Parish Council’s expenditure exceeded its income by approximately £1,500 but has reserves of £17,104.

 

The Chairman thanked Andrew Payne for preparing the accounts and for completing the internal audit.

 

 

6.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

6.1

District Councillor: Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies.

 

 

 

 

6.2

Police: Feedback from the Annual Parish Meeting indicated that speeding traffic through the village remains a high priority for many parishioners and it was agreed to contact Thames Valley Police to make another request for hand held Vehicle Activated Sign (VAS) training.

 

 

BJ

 

 

 

6.3

Almshouses: Colin Badger sent his apologies.

 

 

 

 

6.4

Church: Andrew Payne reported that the church is low on funds. It was agreed to review the Parish Council’s annual donation at the next meeting.

 

 

 

 

6.5

Millennium Hall Committee: Sarah Foxcroft reported that Marilyn Newbury is the new Chairperson and Graham Lang is now responsible for hall bookings.

 

 

 

 

7.

Finance: It was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

 

7.1

  •  E Hawes Grass Cutting May 2010 £223.25
  • Annual Parish Meeting refreshments B Jewell £16.61 (food) and D Jewell £31.60 (drinks)
  • CPRE subscription 2010 £29
  • A Podbery Grass Cutting £186.82

 

 

 

 

 

7.2

 

7.3

The Parish Council agreed to donate £100 to the Air Ambulance Trust.

 

It was agreed to discuss the request for funds from the Holford Centre, Stanton St John at the next meeting.

 

 

 

 

8.

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting: there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

9.

Parish Newsletters: Andrew Payne will write the Parish Council’s report for the next parish newsletter as well as proof read the entire newsletter. It was agreed to alternate this between Councillors.

 

 

 

 

10.

Planning: The following planning application decision notice was noted

 

 

 

 

10.1

White Gate, Church Lane: Demolition of garage. Construction of 2 single storey side and rear extensions including alterations to form garage, kitchen and bedroom. Granted.

 

 

 

 

11.

 

11.1

Correspondence:

 

See items 7.2 and 7.3.

 

 

12.

Future Agenda Items: Review the annual donation to the church and discuss the request for funds for improvements to the Holford Centre.

 

 

 

 

13.

Next Meeting – the next meeting will be on Thursday 8 July 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

Annual Parish Meeting

held on Thursday 27 May 2009 at 8.00pm

In the Millennium Hall

 

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Andrew Payne (Vice Chairman) and Alexia Lewis (Clerk).   25 parishioners attended.

 

 

 

1.

Welcome and Apologies – the Chairman welcome everyone to the meeting. Apologies were received from Tim Hallchurch.

 

 

 

 

2.

The Chairman introduced the Councillors and welcomed back Andrew Payne as the new Vice Chairman.

 

The Chairman thanked Jill Meyjes and Mary Stuck for the time and hard work they had given during their term of office. Jill Meyjes had been on the Parish Council for 17 years and Mary Stuck for 8 years. The Chairman expressed his thanks to Jill Meyjes who has agreed to continue to be the transport representative for the parish.

 

The members of the Parish Council are:

 

  • David Prosser, Chairman and representative for roads and footpaths.
  • Andrew Payne who is the Vice Chairman and representative for the Church
  • Colin Badger who is the representative for Almshouses
  • Sarah Foxcroft who is the representative on the Village Hall Committee
  • Barbara Jewell who is the representative for the WI and Police
  • Alexia Lewis, Clerk.

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting of 14 May 2009 were agreed and signed as a correct record. 

 

 

 

 

4.

Speaker: Barbara Jewell introduced Aimee Evans from Oxfordshire Rural Community Council (ORCC) who gave an interesting and informative presentation on the benefits of creating a Parish Plan.

 

Parish Plans take approximately 12-18 months to complete and need to be supported by OCC and CDC.  It is important that as many parishioners as possible are encouraged to contribute their ideas and views during the compilation of the plan as it should reflect what parishioners want to see in their village. Possible activities to engage parishioners include pub quizzes, a village logo competition and a village photograph competition.

 

Outcomes from other local Parish Plans have included starting up a youth club, establishing a community led shop and the creation of a village recipe book.

 

Funding for activities and advice is available from ORCC.

 

Parishioners were asked to write their suggestions on post it notes to questions such as what they like about Horton cum Studley, what they would like to improve and any ideas they would like to see in a Parish Plan.

 

The results will be collated and published in the next Parish Newsletter. Several parishioners expressed an interest in forming a Parish Plan steering group.

 

The Chairman thanked Aimee for taking the time to speak at the meeting.

 

 

 

 

5.

Chairman’s Report

 

 

 

 

 

The Chairman gave a brief report on some matters other than planning, which have been dealt with during the year.

 

Vehicle Activated Signs: The signs have finally been installed and are now in use on a rotational basis.

 

Planning: The Parish Council hosted a planning seminar run by Cherwell District Council for local Parish Councillors in July 2009.

 

Age Concern Information Box: Situated in the Church, this contains a number of useful leaflets on a wide range of topics including bereavement, wills, benefits etc.  Ann Stearns is the Parish Link and Volunteer Field Worker for Age Concern.  

 

Parish Website: This is up and running. The web address is: http://www.cherwell-local.co.uk/site/horton-cum-studley-oxfordshire/

 

Youth Play Scheme: Barbara Jewell has organised a 10 week Youth Scheme taster course which is currently running on Monday afternoons from 4pm at the village hall playing fields and is open to all children between 8-16 years old. If the scheme is successful the Parish Council hopes to start up a Youth Club.

 

Thermal Imaging Scheme: This scheme will be run in the autumn to help identify heat loss from houses. Further details will be published in the next newsletter.

 

The Chairman thanked the Councillors and the Clerk for their hard work and achievements during the past year.

 

This ended the Chairman’s Report. 

 

6. Open Forum

 

The Chairman then opened the meeting to parishioners’ questions and responded to specific questions as follows:

 

 

 

 

 

Bench on Horton Hill: A plaque has been ordered for the bench on Horton Hill given to the village of Horton-cum-Studley by Tony Baldry MP to mark his 27 years as our Member of Parliament 1983-2010.

 

 

 

 

 

The Lodge Planning Applications: Planning permission has been approved for the houses, hotel accommodation and shop. It is understood that building work has not commenced due to the present economic climate.

 

 

 

 

 

Hedges: There are a number of overgrown hedges along Woodperry Hill, Warren Farm and Bernwood which are causing a potential hazard to traffic. The Parish Council has complained numerous times about the hedges and pot holes/running water on Woodperry Hill (despite this section of road not being part of Horton cum Studley Parish).  

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Website: The website is part of Cherwell District Council’s website and is quite limited in terms of design. It was proposed that the Parish Council create its own website and Barbara Jewell will follow up. Sarah Foxcroft is the website coordinator and can be contacted with requests to add items to the website. The website address will be advertised on the notice boards (http://www.cherwell-local.co.uk/site/horton-cum-studley-oxfordshire/).

 

 

 

 

 

The Chairman thanked parishioners for attending and closed the meeting at 9.30pm.

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting

Held on Thursday 13 May 2010 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Andrew Payne and Alexia Lewis (Clerk). 

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation: no members of the public attended.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest: Colin Badger and Tim Hallchurch sent their apologies and there were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting: 5 April 2010 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

Finance: The Parish Council approved the annual governance statement and approved the accounting statement in the annual return for year ending 31 March 2010.

 

 

 

 

 

5.

 

 

 

 

 

Election of Chairman, Vice Chairman and committee representatives:

 

Andrew Payne proposed David Prosser as Chairman and Sarah Foxcroft seconded this.

 

David Prosser proposed Andrew Payne as Vice Chair and Barbara Jewell seconded this.

 

The Chairman welcomed the new councillor, Andrew Payne.  

 

Sarah Foxcroft agreed to act as representative for the Millennium Hall Committee; Colin Badger agreed to act as representative for the Alms Houses, Barbara Jewell agreed to act as representative for the WI and the Police; and Andrew Payne agreed to act as representative for the Church. Retiring Councillor Jill Meyjes will continue to act as representative for Transport.

 

 

6.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

6.1

District Councillor: Tim Hallchurch will update at the Annual Parish Meeting.

 

 

 

 

6.2

Police: there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

6.3

Almshouses: Colin Badger sent his apologies and there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

6.4

Church: there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

6.5

Village Hall Committee: the AGM will be held on Thursday 27 April 2010 at 8pm. Barbara Jewell reported that the Youth Activator scheme has started on Mondays from 3.30pm.

 

 

 

 

7.

Finance: It was agreed to pay the following invoice:

 

 

7.1

 Ady Podbery grass cutting April 2010 £186.82.

 

 

 

 

7.2

The Parish Council noted receipt of the OCC Grass Cutting Grant for 2010 of £1740.

 

 

 

 

8.

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting: there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

9.

Parish Newsletters: there was nothing to report. 

 

 

 

 

10.

Planning: The following planning application was discussed and the response was agreed as follows:

 

 

 

 

10.1

White Gate, Church Lane: Demolition of garage. Construction of 2 single storey side and rear extensions including alterations to form garage, kitchen and bedroom. The Parish Council raised no objections.

 

 

 

 

11.

 

11.1

 

 

11.2

Correspondence:

 

ORCC 90th Birthday Celebration 3 July 2010: It was agreed that Barbara Jewell should attend this event on behalf of the Parish Council.

 

Cherwell Parish Liaison Meeting 9 June 2010, Bodicote House: Barbara Jewell, David Prosser and Andrew Payne will attend this meeting.

 

 

 

 

12.

Future Agenda Items: Feedback from the AGM and an overview of finances from the internal auditor.

 

 

 

 

13.

Next Meeting – the next meeting will be on Thursday 10 June 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall. The Annual Parish Meeting will be held on Thursday 27 May at 7.45pm in the Millennium Hall with speaker Aimee Evans, from the ORCC. All parishioners are welcome.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 15 April 2010 at the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

 

David Prosser (Chairman), Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Jill Meyjes, Mary Stuck and Alexia Lewis (Clerk).

 

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation – no members of the public attended.

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest – Colin Badger and Tim Hallchurch sent their apologies and there were no declarations of interest.

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting of 11 March 2010 were agreed and signed as a correct record. 

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Report on actions arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. Thermal Imaging: Jo Colwell from CDC (contact 01295 221957) is happy to set up a thermal imaging scheme in the village during the end of summer/early autumn. It was agreed to ask her to speak at the meeting in September. 

 

  1. Community Transport Scheme: The Parish Council agreed to pay the shortfall of £21.50. JM is happy to continue running the service which is proving to be invaluable to those parishioners who do not have their own transport. The Chairman thanked JM for setting up this successful scheme and for being willing to continue running it.

 

  1. Parish Transport Representative: JM has kindly offered to continue to be the transport representative for the parish. The Chairman thanked JM for this generous offer since she has a wealth of knowledge in this area and was instrumental in keeping and improving the bus service in the village.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor TH sent his apologies.

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police – MS reported that the next NAG meeting is on 5 May, 6.30pm in Kidlington or Yarnton (TBC). DP might be able to attend this meeting on behalf of the Parish Council.

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses – CB sent his apologies and there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.4

Church – JM reported that the Church will have to apply for a change of use to the land at the back of the Church which is required as an extension to the graveyard. JM will speak to the Church Warden, Andrew Payne.

 

 

 

 

5.5

Millennium Hall CommitteeBJ and SF attended the meeting on 28 January. It is hoped to be able to run the trial youth scheme during the summer, subject to the hall being available.

 

 

 

 

5.6

Biodiversity Group – there was nothing to report.

 

 

6.

Finance -

 

 

 

 

 6.1

It was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.2

  •  SLCC Membership £95
  • OALC Membership £130.30
  • Clerk’s salary Jan-March 2010 £ 485.10 & expenses £3.49 (£488.59)

 

The Parish Council noted that the annual audit for the year ending 31 March 2010 is due by 9 July 2010.

 

 

7.

 

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting

 

 

7.1

 

There was nothing to report.

 

 

8.

Parish Newsletters – the next parish newsletter is due in June 2010.

 

 

9.

Planning – there were no planning applications.

 

 

 

 

9.1

The following planning notice was received and noted:

 

 

 

 

 

Horton Farm - Certificate of Lawful Use Existing for barns in domestic use. Withdrawal of planning application.

 

 

10.

Correspondence there was no correspondence.

 

 

 

 

11.

Future Agenda Items – the following topics were agreed for discussion at the next meeting:

 

  1.  AGM Election of Chairman, Vice Chairman and Officers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12.

Next Meeting – the Annual General Meeting will be on Thursday 13 May 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.  The Annual Parish Meeting will be held on Thursday 27 May at 8pm in the Millennium Hall with speaker Aimee Evans from the ORCC. Drinks and light refreshments will be served from 7.45pm. All parishioners are welcome.

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 11 March 2010 at the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

 

 

 

David Prosser (Chairman), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Tim Hallchurch, Barbara Jewell, Jill Meyjes, Mary Stuck and Alexia Lewis (Clerk). 

 

Public Participation   6 members of the public attended.

 

 

 

 

1.

 

 

 

 

Linda Watson, fifth Chief Executive of the ORCC, gave an informative talk on the work of the ORCC.

 

The ORCC is 90 years old this year and is the oldest rural community council of the 38 in England. It is an independent charity which was set up as a University of Oxford spin off and originally had a very strong partnership with the WI which was established at the same time with the common aim of dealing with housing, transport and access to services.  The first Chief Executive was Grace Haddock.  The aim of the ORCC is to improve life in rural Oxfordshire and with 19 members of staff, the ORCC is entirely funded from statutory sources and has strong links with councils and districts.

 

The ORCC delivers services to groups such as village hall management communities, groups of local shops, transport groups etc.

 

The work with village hall management committees, of which there are nearly 300, includes advice on the law, marketing and promotes the sharing of ideas.

 

The ORCC is a national centre of excellence to help village shops. There are more community run village shops in Oxfordshire than in any other county in England. Help given includes advice on legal requirements, funding opportunities, marketing and other business advice.

 

The ORCC also helps with community led planning, previously known as parish plans.

 

The ORCC also works with smaller market towns. e.g. Burford, Benson and Berinsfield to draw up a larger scale community led plan to try and find ways to make the town more attractive for visitors and to increase business opportunities. Faringdon, Carterton, Kidlington, Wantage, Grove and Thame have all received funding to improve signage, local walks etc.

 

The ORCC advises on affordable housing which are housing schemes for local people who have a local connection. These houses are all built on exception sites and receive special planning permission.

 

Another key activity is advice on transport and the ORCC has given advice to over 70 community transport schemes including arranging transport needs surveys, finding ways to improve local bus services, advice on pooling resources and putting sources of funding together.

 

The ORCC is keen to find a better way of identifying deprivation in rural Oxfordshire as official figures do not give a breakdown of this information. The ORCC hopes to look at different ways of analysing the data to show rural deprivation by, for example, looking at proportionality. It was reported that there are 2800 children in poverty in rural Oxfordshire and 500 elderly people living in life limiting circumstances. 

 

The ORCC is planning a 90th celebration of village life as it is in 2010 by asking what does a 21 century village look like? It hopes to capture the best of community life. There will be a celebration party in July at the Northmoor Trust.

 

The Chairman thanked Linda Watson for an interesting and informative talk.

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest – there were no declarations of interest.

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meetings of 11 February 2010 were agreed and signed as a correct record. 

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Report on actions arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. To agree an Emergency Plan for adverse weather conditions. It was agreed to defer this item until June 2010 when the new council will be in place. Clerk to type up and circulate JM’s notes.

 

  1. To discuss a proposal from Beckley Parish Council to group together with other local parishes to arrange for snow to be cleared by a private contractor and also to seek permission for private contractors to salt local roads. DP has consulted with Beckley Parish Council. AL has contacted OCC Highways and awaits their response to queries relating to the legal aspects of clearing and salting the roads including public liability.

 

  1. ORCC 90th Birthday Publication. It was agreed to submit an article on the Otmoor Challenge and the Otmoor Riding Group.

 

  1. It was agreed to go ahead and order the plaque for the bench donated by Tony Baldry to the village, following his approval of the inscription at a cost of   £180.68.

 

  1. New stile on the Oakley Road footpath: OCC are unable to supply stiles to landowners but are able to provide a grant towards the cost of the work (25%) usually subject to an estimate. Sarah Aldous will contact DP directly to discuss.

 

  1. Request for a grit bin and the problem of surface water on the Oakley Road: DP has discussed the matter of standing water on the road surface with the Clerk of Works at OCC. OCC has agreed to investigate the cause of the problem and plans to pipe the water into the ditch.  Grit bins need to be requested in writing to Ian Clarke, Acting Deputy Area Engineer (Cherwell), with a location plan showing the proposed locations so that OCC can assess the proposal. If permission is granted then full payment would be required before the bins are ordered. The dimensions of the grit bins are 1163(l) x 746(w) x 802(h) with 370 litres capacity. The current cost is £150 + VAT. The County Council would need to supply and install any bins required and would not permit a PC to undertake this on its behalf. Bins supplied by OCC are kept re-stocked as requested, subject to the availability of salt. There are currently no grit bins in stock and further supplies may be delayed due to the high demand. It was agreed to defer ordering the grit bin until such time as the Emergency Plan has been agreed for adverse weather conditions in case a new grit bin is required at a different site (e.g. for use by the contractor).

 

  1. Parish Council Elections: it was agreed to advertise the notice of the election of councillors in the Four Parishes Newsletter and on the notice boards.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor TH reported that he will seek re election at the District Council elections in May 2010. He reported that CDC’s budget was set with a zero increase. CDC still has £90m in reserves and the interest on this pays for one third of the council tax. Tony Baldry and John Howell are due to visit Islip on Saturday 13 March at 11am.   

 

TH reported that the County Council’s budget situation is less healthy since there is due to be a considerable reduction in funds from the government over the next four years. The County Council’s budget covers education, roads and social services. The County Council spends £22m on road maintenance annually and at the moment is filling in 5,000 potholes a week.

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police – MS attended the NAG meeting last week which discussed the new set of annual priorities; speeding traffic and anti social behaviour. The new neighbourhood officer is Sergeant Colin Travi. 

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses – there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.4

Church  there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.5

Millennium Hall Committee – the next meeting is due next week. BJ and SF will report at the next parish council meeting.

 

 

 

 

5.6

Biodiversity Group – there was nothing to report.

 

 

6.

Finance – it was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

 

 

 

6.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Clerk’s salary October to December 2009 £485.10
  • Millennium Hall room rental 2009-10 £208
  • Parchments printing of newsletter £172.42
  • Oxford Green Belt Network subscription £15
  • CDC Emptying dog bins winter 2010 £170.72
  • ORCC Subscription 2010 £30
  • ORCC Speaker’s Fee 45.36

 

 

 

6.2

The balance of deposit account was noted as £7852.42 Cr.

 

 

7.

 

 

 

 

7.2

 

 

7.3

 

 

 

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting – there have been several accidents on Woodperry Hill in recent weeks due to ice on the road. There is a water leak on the hill which has been reported on several occasions to Thames Water and also to Beckley PC and SODC.

 

It was agreed to obtain quotes for the grass verge cutting contract in the village for this year.  Outstanding.

 

A quote has been received from Ady Podbery for cutting the Green and the playing fields. It was agreed to accept the price although the number of cuts will depend on the weather. 

 

 

7.4

 

 

 

Flooding on the Brill Road – the jetting team from OCC Highways came to Brill Road last week and cleared the blockage which was causing the flood outside Pond House/Studley Farmhouse.

 

8.

Parish Newsletters – there was nothing to report.

 

 

9.

Planning – the following planning approval was noted.

 

 

 

 

9.1

Reserved Matters (ref: 06/01927/OUT). Proposed extension to hotel to form 20 no. Bedrooms and ancillary facilities, shop and post office and construction of 4 no. Dwellings (as amended by plans no. 04.666/62A and 04.666/64 received on 19.1.10 with agent’s letter dated 12.1.10). Approved.

 

 

 

 

 

10.

Correspondence .

 

CDC Spring Clean 2010 – it was agreed to run the Spring Clean campaign in the village during the weekend of Friday 23 to Sunday 30 April 2010.

 

 

 

 

11.

Future Agenda Items – the following topics were agreed for discussion at the next meeting:

 

  1. Election of new Parish Councillors (ALL)
  2. Thermal Imaging (JM)
  3. Community Transport Accounts (JM)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12.

Next Meeting – the next meeting will be on Thursday 15 April 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.  

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 11 February 2010 at Moors Farm

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Tim Hallchurch, Barbara Jewell, Jill Meyjes, Mary Stuck and Alexia Lewis (Clerk).  

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation – 2 members of the public attended.

 

The Parish Council was asked what action it had taken to alleviate the conditions caused by the recent bad weather, particularly along the Oakley Road at the bend beyond the 30mph limit. This area had become icy because water tends to pool there. It was also claimed that there was a danger posed by several dead elm trees along the Oakley Road. A grit box was requested for Oakley Road and there was also a request to improve the drainage in the area because of problems with surface water. It was agreed to write to Oxfordshire Highways to convey the parishioner’s dissatisfaction with the roads during the recent bad weather and a request a grit bucket.

 

It was also reported that there was dog fouling inside the children’s play area at the Millennium playing fields.  It was agreed to remind parishioners via the next parish newsletter that dogs are not allowed in this play area and that there is a fine of up to £1,000 for not collecting dog foul.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AL

 

 

 

 

MS

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest – there were no declarations of interest.

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meetings of 14 and 29 January 2010 were agreed and signed as a correct record. 

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Report on actions arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. To agree an Emergency Plan for adverse weather conditions. It was agreed to circulate the emergency plan guidelines and discuss at the next meeting.

 

  1. To discuss a proposal from Beckley Parish Council to group together with other local parishes to arrange for snow to be cleared by a private contractor and also to seek permission for private contractors to salt local roads. This was agreed in principle but we need to discuss further and look into legal side to ensure we are covered by public liability insurance if we salt the roads ourselves.

 

  1. Parish Website – SF has made good progress on the website and has been able to enter a lot of information that Elizabeth Kenworthy-Browne had prepared. There are still limitations with the actual website and we await details on CDC’s proposed new website.

 

  1. It was agreed to go ahead and order the plaque for the bench donated by Tony Baldry to the village, following his approval of the inscription.                         

 

 

 

JM

 

 

 

 

 

DP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JM

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor  TH sent his apologies and there was nothing to report

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police – MS attended the NAG meeting on 22 January 2010 and there was nothing to report for Horton cum Studley. A rota has been set up for the VAS and it is currently sited on the Brill Road.  There are two staffing changes. PC Pip Hankiovich has moved to Banbury and Larry Jordan, our area officer, has retired and a replacement for him is expected in March 2010.

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses – there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.4

Churchthere will be a chamber concert on May 8th 2010 in aid of Kidney Research.

 

 

 

 

5.5

Millennium Hall Committee – CDC will be running a 10 week Spring/Summer Youth Activator course.  It was proposed to run the sessions on Friday evenings in the Millennium Hall but this was not acceptable to the Millennium Hall Committee since they prepare the hall for weddings on Friday evenings.

 

 

 

 

5.6

Biodiversity Group – there was nothing to report.

 

 

6.

Finance -

 

 

 

 

6.1

 

 

 

6.2

 

 

6.2

 

Linda Watson, Chief Executive of the ORCC, has agreed to speak at the Parish Council meeting on 11 March 2010. The Parish Council agreed to pay her £25 fee plus travel costs for attending the meeting (approx 40 miles).

 

The Chairman confirmed the Parish Council’s policy concerning speakers at Parish Council meetings was that only travel costs would be reimbursed.

 

It was agreed to invite Ed Potter from Cherwell District Council to talk at the AGM about recycling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BJ

 

 

 

7.

 

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting

 

 

7.1

 

 

 

7.2

 

 

7.3

Flooding on the Brill Road – the Chairman thanked Colin Badger for clearing out the ditch opposite Studley Farmhouse which has resolved the outstanding problem of  standing water along the Brill Road.

 

Grass Cutting – it was agreed to obtain quotes for the grass verge cutting contract in the village for this year.  Outstanding.

 

It was reported that the footpath along the Oakley Road just after the bridge as you are going out of the village is in need of a stile. At the moment there is fencing and barbed wire which is not easily accessible to all parishioners. DP is willing to erect a stile if it is supplied by Oxfordshire County Council. AL to contact Sarah Aldous.

 

 

 

 

 

DP

 

 

 

 

AL

 

 

 

8.

Parish Newsletters – it was agreed to include an article about the dog mess in the children’s play area and remind dog owners that dogs are strictly forbidden in this area. 

 

 

 

 

9.

Planning

 

 

 

 

9.1

10/00078/F Willow Cottage. Single storey front conservatory. The Parish Council had no objections but raised the following concerns: The proposed new building is right on the boundary and is over a shared water pipe below ground level. It is also out of keeping with the building which is part of two brick cottages.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9.2

09/01891/CLUE Horton Farm. Certificate of Lawful Use Existing for barns in domestic use. The Parish Council raised no objections.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10.

Correspondence A letter of resignation was received from Jill Meyjes who has served on the Parish Council for many years. Mark Stuck said she would also be standing down from the Parish Council at the end of April 2010. The Chairman thanked them for their outstanding contributions while serving on the Parish Council.

 

 

 

 

11.

Future Agenda Items – the following topics were agreed for discussion at the next meeting:

 

  1. Election of new Parish Councillors.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12.

Next Meeting – the next meeting will be on Thursday 11 March 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.  

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Meeting of the Parish Council

To be held on Friday 29 January 2010 at 8.00pm

In the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Jill Meyjes.  

Agenda

 

Number

Item

Lead

 

1.

Apologies

Tim Hallchurch, Mary Stuck, Colin Badger

D Prosser

2.

 

 

2.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3.

 

 

Planning Notices: to discuss and agree a response to the following planning applications:

 

The Lodge - 09/01697/REM. Reserved matters (ref: 06/01927/OUT). Proposed extension to hotel to form 20 no. Bedrooms and ancillary facilities, shop and post office and construction of 4 no. Dwellings (as amended by plans no. 04.666/62A, 04.666/63A and 04/666/64 received on 19.1.10 with agents letter dated 12.1.10.

 

The Parish Council objected to this application because of the following concerns

Car park encroaches onto green belt.

Parking for houses is felt to be inadequate.

More details required on landscaping to ensure that it is in keeping with the rest of the village

 

 

 

Date of Next Meeting: Thursday 11 February 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.

 

 

D Prosser

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 14 January 2010 at Moors Farm

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Tim Hallchurch, Barbara Jewell, Jill Meyjes, Mary Stuck and Alexia Lewis (Clerk).  

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation – no members of the public attended.

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest – there were no declarations of interest.

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting of 10 December 2009 were agreed and signed as a correct record with the following correction: item 5.2 should read ‘it was noted that speeding traffic and the absence of any Police presence in the village were the two perceived key issues’.

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Report on actions arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. Proposal to reduce the speed limit on the approach roads to the village from 60mph to 50mph.   A response has been received from Anthony Kirkwood, Road Safety Engineering Team Environment and Economy at Oxfordshire County Council.

 

Mr Kirkwood noted the Parish Council's concern over safety, in particular for cyclists (mentioning that the council is not actively promoting the Oxfordshire Cycleway – although they appreciate that there will still be a significant number of cyclists using these roads for recreational journeys). 

 

The County Council has been carrying out a general review of speed limits on the county's A and B roads in line with a request from the governments' Department for Transport (DfT)  - this in particular advises local authorities to consider introducing 50mph limits on roads with above average accident rates (the current DfT advice can be found on the following link: http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speedmanagement/dftcircular106/).  

 

While the council has extended their review to include some busier unnumbered roads (partly to take account of new draft guidance recently issued by the DfT), they anticipate that it will only be practical in view of budget pressures to only focus on those roads with a significant history of personal injury accidents, which is thankfully not the case for the roads leading into Horton cum Studley.

 

  1. Parish Website: Michael Sands from CDC had contacted Barbara Jewell to help her set up the Parish website. CDC is hoping to establish a new website for parishes later this year.

 

  1. Proposed double white lines along Woodperry Road: The Highways Enquiry Team at Oxfordshire Highways has logged this request and the reference number is 295372. Once a site visit/consultation has been carried out the Highways Team will contact the Parish Council with the results of their investigation.

 

  1. Linda Watson, Chief Executive of the ORCC, has agreed to speak at the meeting of the Parish Council on 11 March 2010.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor there are new waste arrangements in place for this week. Bins in Horton are due to be collected on Monday18 January not Friday 15 January 2010. There are likely to be delays in repairing damage to roads caused by the recent snow and ice as Oxfordshire Highway’s budget has been cut

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police – there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses – there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.4

Churchthere was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.5

Millennium Hall Committee – the next meeting is on 28 January 2010 at 8pm.

 

 

 

 

5.6

Biodiversity Group – there was nothing to report.

 

 

6.

Finance -

 

 

 

 

 6.1

It was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

 

 

 

6.2

  • Hunts paper and card for directories £37.38

 

The Parish Council reviewed the proposed budget for the financial year 2010-11 and agreed to ask for the precept to be kept at £6,000.    

 

 

 

 

7.

 

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting

 

 

7.1

 

 

 

7.2

It was agreed to discuss a proposal from Beckley Parish Council to group together with other local parishes to arrange for snow to be cleared by a private contractor and also to seek permission for private contractors to salt local roads.

 

Grass Cutting – it was agreed to obtain quotes for the grass verge cutting contract in the village for this year. 

 

 

 

 

 

DP

 

 

 

8.

Parish Newsletters – it was agreed to ask for drivers of 4x4 vehicles to volunteer to drive those in need during conditions such as the recent heavy snow.

 

 

 

9.

Planning

 

 

 

 

9.1

There were no planning applications

 

 

 

The following planning notice was received and noted:

 

 

 

 

9.2

09/01542/LB Manor Cottage. Amended design to widen permitted glazed link.

 

 

Granted.

 

 

 

 

10.

Correspondence there was no correspondence.

 

 

 

 

11

Future Agenda Items – the following topics were agreed for discussion at the next meeting:

 

  1.  Emergency Plan for adverse weather conditions
  2. Snow clearing proposal (see item 7.1)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12.

Next Meeting – the next meeting will be on Thursday 11 February 2010 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.  

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 10 December 2009 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Jill Meyjes, Mary Stuck and Alexia Lewis (Clerk).  

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation – 3 members of the public attended for item 9.1.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest – Colin Badger and Tim Hallchurch sent their apologies and Sarah Foxcroft declared an interest in item 9.1. 

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting of 12 November 2009 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Report on actions arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. Proposal to reduce the speed limit on the approach roads to the village from 60mph to 50mph. It was agreed that the Clerk would write to Oxfordshire Highways requesting a reduction in the speed limit as these roads form part of the Oxfordshire Cycle way which is a designated cycle route, much used by cyclists. In addition, the road is in a poor state of repair.

 

  1. It was agreed to invite a representative from the CPRE to the Parish Council meeting in March 2010 and to invite a spokesperson from CDC Recycling to talk at the next Annual Parish Meeting.

 

  1. Thermal imaging heat equipment to identify heat loss from buildings. A representative from Cherwell District Council will meet with South Oxfordshire District Council to discuss the possibility of setting up a volunteer scheme for thermal imaging. It is anticipated that this proposal will take some time to organise. JM will follow up later next year.

 

  1. Parish Website: AL has contacted Michael Sands at Cherwell requesting assistance with the set up of the website but has received no response. AL to chase up.

 

  1. Extension of footpath on the Brill Road: Ian Clarke Acting Deputy Area Engineer at Cherwell DC has assessed the proposed footpath extension. He reported that a Scheme Assessment had been completed but had failed to generate a significant score and therefore the scheme is extremely unlikely to be considered for funding in the foreseeable future. An estimated cost of £18,000 was used in the assessment. If the Parish Council would like to consider the possibility of raising its own funding for a suitable scheme then a more accurate costing would be provided. BJ will investigate funding options. The PC agreed in principle to match funding of up to £10,000.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AL

 

BJ

 

AL

 

 

 

 

JM

 

 

AL

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BJ

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies.

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police – MS distributed 25 neighbourhood policing survey forms to some parishioners which she has collected and sent to TVP. It was noted that speeding traffic and the absence of any Police presence in the village were the two key issues. 

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses – Colin Badger sent his apologies and there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.4

Churchthere was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.5

Millennium Hall Committee – a meeting has not yet been arranged.

 

 

 

 

5.6

Biodiversity Group – following the last meeting with Rod D’Ayala, the next step is to raise a number of proposals at the next Millennium Hall Committee meeting. 

 

 

 

 

 

6.

Finance -

 

 

 

 

 6.1

It was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

 

 

1.    Oxfordshire County Council VAS arms £1,200.00

2.    Hunts Printing card and paper for the village information directories £37.38

3.    Parchments printing of the newsletter £299.96

4.    Alexia Lewis reimbursement of costs of gifts £81.99

 

 

 

 

7.

 

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting

 

 

7.1

A request was received to ask for double white lines to be painted on the road at Woodperry Hill to stop cars overtaking dangerously. Clerk to write to Oxfordshire Highways.

 

AL

 

 

 

8.

Parish Newsletters – It was agreed to write a short feature on the various organisations within the village. It was agreed to ask Dianna Moore to interview Sarah Foxcroft on life as a Councillor.

 

 

JM

 

 

 

9.

Planning – The following planning applications were discussed and a response was agreed as follows:  

 

 

 

 

9.1

09/01697/REM The Lodge. Reserved matters (ref. 06/01927/OUT). Proposed extension to hotel to form 20 no. bedrooms and ancillary facilities, shop and post office and construction of 4 no. dwellings. 

 

The Parish Council objected to this application and expressed disappointment at receiving an application which contained contradictory plans and little information.  Two key items were missing: (a) the statement confirming that the hotel accommodation, houses and shop are to be built concurrently and (b) confirmation and details of the 106 agreement.

 

 

 

 

 

 9.2

09/01542/LB Manor Cottage. Amended design to widen permitted glazed link.

 

 

The Parish Council had no objections to this application.

 

 

 

 

 

The following planning notice was received and noted:

 

 

 

 

9.3

09/01212/F. Studley Priory. Part retrospective – reinstatement of eastern boundary fence. Granted.

 

 

 

 

10.

Correspondence – there was no correspondence.

 

 

 

 

11

Future Agenda Items – the following topics were agreed for discussion at the next meeting:

 

  1. Parish Precept for 2010-11

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12.

Next Meeting – the next meeting will be on Thursday 14 January at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.  

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 12 November 2009 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Jill Meyjes, Mary Stuck and Alexia Lewis (Clerk).  

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation – 6 members of the public attended for item 5.6.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest – Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies and there were no declarations of interest.  (Note attending CDC Standards Committee as lead member)

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting of 8 October 2009 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from actions arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. Oxfordshire Highways has confirmed that the sign to Warren Farm on the Oakley Road junction will remain.
  2. OCC & TOE Places for People Scheme: BJ reported that the scheme has used up its funds for this financial year. BJ has requested that the extension of the Brill Road footpath be added to Oxfordshire Highways’ works list. Funds may be available to extend this footpath as it will connect one public footpath to another.  
  3. Proposal to reduce the speed limit on the approach roads to the village from 60mph to 50mph.  Clerk still awaits a response from Tim Hallchurch. DP will chase him for a reply.
  4. Community Transport Accounts: the scheme is working well and it was agreed to underwrite the shortfall of £19.20.
  5. The wording for the proposed plaque on Tony Baldry’s bench was agreed as: Donated by Tony Baldry MP, having represented Otmoor in Parliament for 27 years from 1983 to 2010.
  6. Ecology Plan: The revised map and report from Rod d’Ayala was discussed, see item 5.6.
  7. Parish Liaison Meeting: BJ reported that there is a new parish portal which provides a new on line resource for parishes www.cherwell.gov.uk/parish. CDC is changing the parish website as it is not considered sufficiently user friendly and numerous parish councils are encountering problems with access.  It was agreed to request help to set up the website from Michael Sands at Michael.Sands@cherwell-dc.gov.uk (tel. 01295 221554). 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BJ

 

 

DP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AL

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies.

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police – MS attended the Neighbourhood Action Group (NAG) meeting. NAG proposed to promote awareness through articles and notices in the local parish newsletters. 

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses – there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.4

Church  It was confirmed that the Age Concern box would be located in the Church and this new arrangement would be publicised via the Parish newsletter.

 

 

 

 

5.5

Millennium Hall Committee – it was reported that the last meeting was due 3 weeks ago however it was cancelled and has not yet been rearranged.

 

 

 

 

5.6

Biodiversity Group   there were a number of concerns raised about the proposals to increase biodiversity within the playing field area. The main reason for objecting was the requirement to utilise all available space on the playing field area to run the Otmoor Challenge. Concerns were also raised about the proposed pond due to safety issues with children playing close by. 

 

The question was asked that since we live in a rural community, why are we trying to increase biodiversity on one playing field when we are surrounded by fields, hedges, BBONT, RSPB and thousands of acres of woodland.

 

All comments were noted and it was agreed to meet with the Millennium Hall Committee and discuss this further. BJ will raise this at the next Millennium Hall Committee meeting.

 

BJ attended the CDC Liaison meeting and reported that CDC is running a scheme offering taster sessions for youth sports. It was agreed that this was a good initiative to trial in the village and BJ will pursue this further. The Parish Council agreed in principle to fund the trial scheme which would be £8 per hour for a maximum of 2 hours per week. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BJ

 

 

 

 

 

BJ

 

 

 

6.

Finance -

 

 

 

 

 6.1

It was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

 

 

1.    Jan Weller Pre School donation £100 (reissue of lost cheque)

2.    SLCC 20th Edition Parish Councillors Guide £29.50

3.    Rod d’Ayala attendance at Parish Council Meeting 8.10.09 to discuss ecology plans for the playing field £60

4.    Alexia Lewis Salary £485.10 (Jul to Sept 09) and expenses £5.40

5.    CDC Emptying dog bins £334.17

6.    Ady Podbery Grass cutting September 09 £180.55

7.    Alexia Lewis Stamps and stationery £15.92

 

 

 

 

 6.2

The Parish Council approved the following proposed expenditure:

 

  1. Gift for external auditor up to a maximum of £30
  2. Gift for Designer and Editor of the Parish Newsletter up to a maximum of £30

 

 

 

 

6.3

The Parish Council noted the balance of the Lloyds TSB Current Account balance £11,891.30 as at 2.10.09 and Lloyds TSB 30 Day Notice Account balance £10412.98 as at 10.9.09.

 

 

 

 

7.

 

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting

 

 

7.1

It was reported that cracks have appeared on the surface of the footpath on the Brill Road.  ACTION: DP to report to Oxfordshire Highways. Outstanding.

 

DP

 

 

 

7.2

Flooding on the Brill Road: CB was thanked for clearing out the ditches. MS to chase up a response from Oxfordshire Highways.

 

 

MS

7.3

CB was also thanked for cutting the hedge back on the Straight Mile.

 

 

 

 

8.

Parish Newsletters – the next newsletter is due to be printed shortly. It was agreed that the Parish Council would reimburse Elizabeth Kenworthy-Browne for paper and ink cartridges used in the printing of extra copies of the village directory on an ad hoc basis as required.

 

 

 

 

 

9.

Planning – The following planning application was discussed and a response was agreed as follows: 

 

 

 

 

9.1

09/01212/F. Studley Priory. Part retrospective – reinstatement of eastern boundary fence. The Parish Council raised no objections.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following planning applications were noted as follows: 

 

 

9.2

09/01230/F and LB Walnut Tree Cottage. First floor side extension over existing garden floor area. Removal of existing garden store and construction of new single storey extension attached to the home in its place. Granted.

 

 

 

 

9.3

09/00178/F The Lodge. Variation of condition 7 of 07/02478/F. Phasing of construction of shop, hotel facilities and housing. Refused.

 

 

 

 

9.4

09/00937/OUT The Lodge. Extension to hotel to form 23 additional bedrooms. Ancillary facilities, car park and access. Refused.

 

 

 

 

9.5

09/00936/F The Lodge. Construction of a single storey shop. Granted.

 

 

 

 

9.6

Manor Farm, all weather riding arena. Granted.

 

 

 

 

10.

Correspondence

 

 

 

 

10.1

CDC Survey of Operation of Ethical Survey: a response was agreed and there were no issues raised. 

 

 

 

 

11

Future Agenda Items – the following topics were agreed for discussion at the next meeting:

 

  1. Speakers for meetings next year. It was agreed to invite Colin Cook to talk on the work of the ORCC in March 2010.
  2. Thermal imaging heat equipment to identify heat loss from buildings.

 

 

 

BJ

 

JM

 

 

 

12.

Next Meeting – the next meeting will be on Thursday 10 December 2009 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 8 October 2009 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Colin Badger, Sarah Foxcroft, Barbara Jewell, Jill Meyjes, Mary Stuck and Alexia Lewis (Clerk).  13 parishioners attended for item 13 only.

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation – no members of the public attended.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest – Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies and there were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting of 10 September 2009 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from actions arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. It was reported that the field opposite the Millennium Hall is full of ragwort. ACTION: DP will report to DEFRA. Outstanding.
  2. It was agreed that the Warren farm sign at the Oakley Road junction is no longer required. Oxfordshire Highways has agreed to paint over it.
  3. It was also reported that the potholes along Woodperry Road have still not been repaired. DP has reported again to the Chairman at Beckley Parish Council.
  4. OCC & TOE Places for People Scheme: BJ is still waiting for the application form.
  5. Proposal to reduce the speed limit on the approach roads to the village from 60mph to 50mph. AL has emailed Tim Hallchurch to request his advice and is awaiting his reply. 
  6. Age Concern Box: JM has received approval that the box can be kept in the Church.
  7. Elizabeth Moore has agreed to interview Anne Stearns for the next village newsletter.

 

 

DP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TH

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies.

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police – there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses – there was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

5.4

Church – it was reported that the new gates have been installed.

 

 

 

 

5.5

Village Hall Committee – it was reported that the Committee needs new members. The Committee are Interested in participating in Art Week next May 2010.

 

 

 

 

5.6

Biodiversity Group   see item 13

 

 

 

 

6.

Finance -

 

 

 

 

 6.1

It was agreed to pay the following invoices:

 

 

 

  1. BDO Stoy Hayward annual audit £356.50
  2. R&R Hawes pond site cutting £60.00 and clearing The Green £345.00
  3. A W Mobbs shingle for The Green £262.69
  4. Ady Podbery grass cutting The Green and playing fields £180.55
  5. SLCC The Parish Councillors Guide x 2 £27.20

 

 

 

 

 6.2

Audit: the Parish Council agreed to approve and accept the annual return audited by BDO Stoy Hayward LLP.

 

Clerk’s salary: the Parish Council also approved the NALC 2009-10 final salary award.

 

 

 

 

7.

 

Roads, Signs, Footpaths and Grass Cutting

 

 

7.1

It was reported that cracks have appeared on the surface of the footpath on the Brill Road.  ACTION: DP to report to Oxfordshire Highways

 

DP

 

 

 

8.

Parish Newsletters – it was agreed to advertise the proposal to participate in Art week next year. It was also agreed to add that the new Vehicle Activated Signs are now in use in the village. A letter was received from a parishioner alerting the Parish Council to a number of problems being caused by walkers on the moor. Some walkers are ignoring notices and are not keeping to the recognised footpaths. It was agreed to publicise this problem in the next parish newsletter. MS & JM will draft the article.

 

MS/

JM

 

 

 

9.

Planning – The following planning applications were noted as follows: 

 

 

 

 

9.1

09/01230/F and LB Walnut Tree Cottage. First floor side extension over existing garden floor area. Removal of existing garden store and construction of new single storey extension attached to the home in its place. The Parish Council had no objections.

 

 

 

 

 

 

9.2

09/01002/F Nork House. Single storey extension. The Parish Council had no objections.

 

 

 

 

9.3.

09/00178/F The Lodge. Variation of condition 7 of 07/02478/F. Phasing of construction of shop, hotel facilities and housing. The Parish Council objected to this application because the Secretary of State lifted the existing 106 agreement, that prevented any further developments on this Green Belt site, to enable The Lodge to be returned to profitability by building 23 extra bedrooms. The latest planning application is only for 4 bedrooms initially and 6 more possibly several years later. This leaves a shortfall of 13 bedrooms compared to the number previously approved as necessary to make the hotel viable. It was also noted that if/when building commences on this site there is a stipulation for contractors parking on site and not on the roadside.

 

 

 

 

9.4

Magnolia Park, Golf Bunds Appeal. DP spent 2 days at the hearing, representing the Parish Council. The result is expected on 2 November 2009.

 

 

 

 

10

Correspondence - BJ will attend the CDC Annual Parish Liaison Meeting on 11.11.09 at 5.45pm.

 

 

 

 

10.1

Letter from parishioner regarding problems caused by walkers. See item 8.

 

 

 

 

11.

Future Agenda Items – the following topics were agreed for discussion at the next meeting:

 

  1. Ecology Report

 

 

 

 

 

12.

Next Meeting – the next meeting will be on Thursday 12 November 2009 at 7.30pm in the Millennium Hall.  

 

 

 

 

13.

Rod d’Ayala, Ecologist presented his report on ways to increase biodiversity within the village. Following discussions, it was agreed that Rod would re submit a scaled down proposal which would be discussed at the next meeting. All parishioners are encouraged to attend this meeting.

 

 

 

 

Chairman: …………………………………….                             Date: …………………………….

 

 

 

 

Horton-cum-Studley Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Meeting

Held on Thursday 10 September 2009 in the Millennium Hall

 

Present:

David Prosser (Chairman), Sarah Foxcroft, Jill Meyjes, Mary Stuck and Alexia Lewis (Clerk). 

 

 

 

1.

Public Participation – no members of the public attended.  

 

 

 

 

2.

Apologies and Declaration of Interest – Colin Badger, Barbara Jewell and Tim Hallchurch sent their apologies and there were no declarations of interest. 

 

 

 

 

3.

Minutes of the Last Meeting of 9 July 2009 and 6 August 2009 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

 

Report from actions arising from the last meeting:

 

  1. It was reported that the field adjacent to the church and the field opposite the Millennium Hall is full of ragwort. ACTION: DP will report to DEFRA. Outstanding.
  2. It was agreed that the Warren farm sign at the Whitehouse junction is no longer required. ACTION: DP will contact Oxfordshire Highways and ask for it to be removed. Outstanding.
  3. It was also reported that the potholes along Woodperry Road have still not been repaired. ACTION: DP will report again to Oxfordshire Highways. Outstanding.
  4. OCC & TOE Places for People Scheme: BJ will update at the next meeting. Application is due on 16 October 2009.
  5. Proposal to reduce the speed limit on the approach roads to the village from 60mph to 50mph. Defer to next meeting.
  6. Age Concern Box: It was agreed to request that the box is kept in the Church.
  7. Ecologist’s report: To date there has been no response from the consultation. It was agreed to invite Rod d’Ayala to give a short presentation and facilitate a discussion with parishioners at the next meeting. SF will draft a short note to circulate to parishioners. Clerk to invite Rod d’Ayala,
  8. Planning Applications: Cherwell District Council now requires a response to all planning applications strictly within 3 weeks of the date of the planning notice. The Parish Council agreed how to respond to planning applications where responses are due outside the monthly meetings. On receipt of planning application(s), the Clerk will advertise the receipt of the application on the noticeboards inviting parishioners to contact the Clerk if they wish to comment on the application at a special meeting. This would be held within 14 days of the date of receipt of the application. The Clerk will circulate the planning application to Councillors for their comments. Should any Councillor object to the application or should they wish to discuss the application, a special meeting would be held within 14 days to discuss the application. If there are no objections from both Councillors and parishioners, the Chairman will inform the Clerk to respond to Cherwell District Council with ‘no objections’.

 

 

DP

 

 

DP

 

 

DP

 

 

BJ

 

 

 

JM

 

 

SF

AL

 

 

 

 

5.

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

5.1

District Councillor Tim Hallchurch sent his apologies.

 

 

 

 

5.2

Police – The next NAG meeting is on 1 October 2009.

 

 

 

 

5.3

Almshouses – Colin Badger sent his apologies.

 

 

 

 

5.4